This is a popular question and one that we answer often. There are a few ways you can determine the correct ring size without blowing your cover!
-Use one of their existing rings worn on the finger they will wear the engagement ring.
- Get a friend or family member to help. Just be sure the person is trustworthy, so they don't spoil the surprise.
- Use another surprise proposal as a conversation starter, such as, "I wonder how they knew what size ring to buy?" Perhaps you'll get the answer from your future betrothed without asking outright.
- Casually compare hands and move into ring sizes.
+ If none of the above works, you could always ask. You have a few options here:
- Explain that you want to propose but want to present the ring when you do it.
- Ask for the size and tell them not to ask any questions.
-Blame it on your friend/brother/sister/cousin who wants to propose to their partner who is close in size to your partner and is trying to figure out the ring size.
- Propose first and tell them that you want the ring to be as special as they are so you'll design it together.