Wearing gemstones that resonate with one's most soulful and deeply-felt qualities has been a popular practice since time immemorial. Humanity has long found solace and inspiration in the deeper meanings behind the material elements of their environment, especially gemstones. Not only are custom birthstone rings a beautiful, poetic way of remembering who we are, but also of where we come from.
What are Birthstone Rings?
Ancient people worldwide noticed that those born at certain times in the seasons exhibit unique character patterns and latent talents. The birth months themselves came to be symbolic of different attributes and symbols, often exemplified by precious stones and crystals. Deep in our history, the idea was born to use gemstones for enhanced characteristics while reminding people who they are.
The following is a summary of the stones by birth month along with their attendant qualities:
• January | Garnet – Garnet is known as the "stone of commitment" and instills a feeling of devotional love. Its warmth and magnetism make it popular in manifestation practices as one resolves to fulfill the heart's desires.
• February | Amethyst – Said by the ancient Greeks to have a sobering effect on the senses, amethyst can awaken its bearer to the higher faculties. In times past, soldiers wore amethyst with the belief that it would keep them cool-headed in battle. Like winter's end, amethyst invites us to wonder: is it truly just a matter of belief?
• March | Aquamarine – Like gazing upon sunlit water, aquamarine soothes with the calming power of still ocean waters. Ocean voyagers gravitated to the stones' breathtaking mystique and kept them near to ensure a safe and prosperous journey. Aquamarine is said to rekindle the flames of passion – as inexplicably as love at first sight.
• April | Diamond · Moissanite – As shimmering April showers signal the perpetual bounty of Earth, think too of the shining wealth embodied in diamonds. Virtually indestructible, diamonds have become an enduring symbol of strength, purity, and love. (All of our diamonds are sourced from conflict-free mining operations.)
• May | Emerald – Enigmatic and seductive charm succinctly describes both the wildflower season of spring and the enchanting mystique of emeralds. Ancient lore speaks with endless reverence of emerald's timeless beauty and power. Like the deep, dark green of spring's renewal, emerald boldly ushers in prosperity – in wealth and health alike.
• June | Alexandrite · Moonstone · Pearl – As the long days of summer fill with passion for life, those born in June have a full array of birthstone options. Alexandrite instills an adaptive and transformative light in the imaginations of all who behold it with dramatically vivid hues and mesmerizing color-changing properties.
• July | Ruby – With noble qualities, ruby taps into a reservoir of passion that assists the wearer in attaining their ultimate values. Ruby is second only to diamonds in hardness (and appreciation) and carries forth a sense of love, nurturing, and support in the one carrying it.
• August | Peridot – The vibrant green of peridot reflects the lush variety of summer at its peak. Found in meteorites and volcanic regions, its energies speak equally of exuberant growth and nature's cosmic and terrestrial forces.
• September | Sapphire – Little else evokes fascination like sapphire; however, its mesmerizing beauty also speaks of the particularly extreme elemental forces that its creation depends on. With such a counter-intuitive blending of sensitivity with power, it is fitting that such a coveted beauty would come to represent wisdom, judgment, and fidelity.
• October | Opal · Pink Tourmaline – As fall gives way to winter, serenity and grace are in the air. As such, the October birthstones quintessentially invoke an inner calm. Not much compares to the depth of peace felt when wearing opal and pink tourmaline.
• November | Citrine – Widely believed to attract wealth and fortune, the extremely positive and Jovian qualities of citrine parallel the energies of the late fall harvest. This golden quartz crystal carries, with effortless buoyancy, the highly expansive and unceasing energies of abundance and joy!
• December | Blue Topaz · Tanzanite · Turquoise · Blue Zircon – There is much associated with the quietude of winter, with stones symbolizing all of magic, manifestation, mystical seeking, protection, and the psychic faculties. Just as the long nights of winter solstice summon a period of deep introspection, December's birthstones reflect one's innate dreaming power.
Why Shop With Alysha Whitfield Jewelry?
At each stage of production, we put only the highest principles and intentions into our jewelry. The materials used in our custom birthstone rings are all ethically acquired and good for the environment. For the following reasons, you can be comfortable that our unique birthstone rings are as ethically sound as they are stunning to behold. All Alysha Whitfield Jewelry:
• Contains 100% SCS-certified recycled metal
• Uses only conflict-free diamonds and gemstones
• Is strictly cruelty-free
• Carries a lifetime warranty
• Has earned over 500 five-star reviews
We create the finest custom birthstone rings, as well as charms, with unparalleled quality. Without a doubt, these exceptional offerings are one of the most moving and personalized gifts you can give to the woman in your life on her birthday – or any gift-giving occasion at all. Ask about our financing options – starting at 0% down – and soon be wearing your birthstone, expertly set in the band of your choice.
Your Divine Gift
Birthstone rings are a breathtaking addition to anyone's gemstone and jewelry collection. By bolstering and enhancing the energies you were born into the world with, your daily experience will become all the more inspiring and uplifting. Alysha Whitfield's customized birthstone collection speaks directly to the soul and honors the strengths and memories of each recipient. We welcome all inquiries and would be delighted to hear from you.